What Do I Bring to an Enrollment Appointment?
To see if you qualify for help paying for your health insurance, the Access East Certified Marketplace Navigator who assists you will need accurate personal-identifying income information for you, and for all members of your household, regardless of whether they are applying for insurance.
To get the most out of your appointment, please bring all of the following that applies to you, and to any and all members of your household:
- Social Security numbers – just the numbers, not the cards
- Copies of Legal Resident documents
- W-2 forms, work pay stubs (the two most recent, from all jobs), and/or a tax return from the previous year
- Also bring any of these if they apply to you, or to any member of your household:
- A Social Security income statement
- An unemployment letter
- The amount of interest being paid on student loans
- The amount of alimony being paid
Your Certified Marketplace Navigator will also need to know about any of the following:
- Profits from stocks or real estate sales
- Early withdrawals from retirement or 401K funds
- Winnings from the lottery, and/or from any casino, either domestic or abroad
- The cash value of bartered items
During your appointment, an online Health Insurance Marketplace account may be created for you. As part of that process, you’ll be asked to login to your email account, so you’ll need to know both your username and password. If you don’t have an email account, don’t worry; one can be created for you.
If you already have an online Health Insurance Marketplace account, be prepared to supply your username and password at your enrollment appointment. If you don’t remember your login information, contact the Marketplace at 1 (800) 318-2596 for assistance prior to your appointment