WHAT WE ARE:
A nonprofit program to help meet the medical needs of qualifying uninsured residents of Pitt, Greene, and Beaufort counties.
WHAT WE ARE NOT:
HealthAssist is not insurance, and not part of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). All of our care is generously donated by community providers.
What We Do
HealthAssist helps eligible patients in Pitt, Greene, and Beaufort counties receive healthcare from participating specialists at a reduced or discounted fee; to date, we have enrolled nearly 1,400 low-income, uninsured participants. Our highly integrated multidisciplinary program includes our own dedicated team of social workers, medication assistants, and support staff, in addition to nearly 20 specialty-care practices and more than 150 providers across our three participating counties.
That includes Greene County Health Care (GCHC), one of our principal partner-providers, whose own staff you see in the photos above, providing medical and dental services at the James D. Bernstein Community Health Center in Greenville.
Benefits of HealthAssist
HealthAssist provides enrollees with a case manager who will:
- Help them follow the treatment plan provided by their doctor
- Keep them aware of free community health screenings
- Link them to community resources that may be able to assist with medications, diabetic-testing supplies, and financial concerns
In addition, HealthAssist enrollees referred to a specialist by their primary-care doctor may be eligible to see that specialist at a reduced rate.
Who is Eligible?
To qualify for the HealthAssist program, you must:
- Live in Pitt, Greene, or Beaufort counties
- Have no health insurance
- Meet HealthAssist’s income guidelines
- Not be eligible for Medicaid, Medicare, VA benefits, or N.C. Health Choice
- Complete a Medicaid screening
To learn more about eligibility, call (252) 847-2821 to speak to a program representative.
Applying to HealthAssist
For a downloadable copy of the HealthAssist application packet, click here. All parts of the packet need to be completed.